Director of DMP/CDP, Analytics and Data Strategy
108 W 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Title: Director of DMP, Analytics & Data Strategy
Location: New York, NY
**CANDIDATES MUST BE US CITIZEN OR HAVE GREEN CARD**
JBCconnect is searching for a Director of DMP/CDP, Analytics & Data Strategy, for a retail/beauty brand, in NYC!
The Director or DMP/CDP, Analytics and Data Strategy will be responsible for leading the planning, development, and implementation of new leading edge data-driven, technology-enabled evolution of marketing for the global brand. You will own overall data strategy for all customer related data, including ownership and oversight of the CRM database, CDP/DMP, and cross-channel attribution. You will also define and drive forward overall strategy for data and tech stack evolution, educating internal marketing and leadership on the capabilities and ongoing benefits of the evolving marketing capabilities supported by technology, data and creative execution.
Who you are:
You want to make changes that help millions of customers around the world. You have experience in customer analytics, marketing analytics, reporting, big data, and a desire to understand more about these subjects. You are interested in shaping marketing operations through reporting and data, and having a trusted role in defining new capabilities and programs. You put the customer first in your thinking. You have great problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You have great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering products.
What you will be doing:
- Design, build, and own the omni-channel customer journey maps utilizing data sourced from the CDP and DMP. Expert on data utilization.
- Deploy end-to-end customer lifecycle, overseeing, and developing/activating various touchpoints within the customer journey; Customer value creation, pre-lapse/reactivation, win back, ratings, and reviews, re-targeting, etc.
- Collaborate with technology services, marketing, and consumer engagement to lead ongoing reporting and analytics requirements
- On-going optimization and orchestration of journey strategy based on data-driven analysis and insights
- Work with leadership to expand scope and utilization of the CDP, DMP and overall martech/adtech landscape
- Lead development of digital media plans for the execution of 1: 1 personalized moments of meaning journeys
- Facilitate new 1st party, 2nd party 3rd party data integrations & partnerships to on-board new data and strengthen the targeting cookie pool
- Identify ways to improve existing capability, or add new capabilities to our portfolio of marketing technologies through working with our Global digital IT teams, as well as other 3rd parties
- Ability to see future vision of the DMP/CDP and martech/adtech and push the organization forward
- Lead development of CDP/DMP Learning Agenda with share-outs to broader divisions, lead education of employees and agencies on capabilities and insights that can be derived from the CDP and DMP so they can taper requests to the DMP Team accordingly
- Provide ongoing training and promotion of the CDP and DMP to keep up-to-date on systems functionalities
- Guide local teams on using analytics tools for creating consumer audience insights and using these insights to make better business decisions.
- Lead advanced modeling projects focused on anticipating consumer behaviors, understanding path to purchase and measuring & optimizing Consumer Life Time Value. Help local teams activate model results.
What we want to see:
- Degree in data/tech/analytical roles preferred or a graduate degree
- 5+ years of experience working with data analytics, CRM and digital marketing
- Experience working with DMPs, CDPs and audience segmentation and reporting tools
- Management of data sources including: web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, financial data, research and survey tools, etc.
- Experience with Data Studio and BigQuery preferred
- Extensive knowledge on the evolving state of the CRM Marketing Technology Stack and the know-how to leverage cutting edge technologies to improve CRM capabilities
- Experience with advertising and agency ecosystem in television, digital, and mobile, inclusive of technology platforms, available data sources and methods of executing data-driven campaigns
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualization skills desired; familiarity with key digital analytics tools include Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Optimizely for A/B testing (or equivalent) required
- Strong ability to connect data management and segmentation strategy to larger organizational goals and strategy
- Strategic hands-on thinker and problem solver who is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get into the data
- Demonstrated success building, growing or turning around a marketing analytics/performance management function while delivering on defined goals
- Advanced analytics experience, preferably including Mix Models, Logistic & Linear Regression, Machine Learning, Decision Trees and ROMI models
- Experience building dashboards & visualizations (Qlik, Lumira, Tableau)
- Experience enabling large data sets for use in Modeling & Analytic projects
- Experience in using statistical analysis software packages (e.g. R, SQL, Python)