Director Cisco PMO
Virtual Virtual, New Jersey 07724
Title of Job: Director, Cisco Professional Services PMO
Company: A leading IT services provider of collaboration and technology solutions
Location: Position is Virtual but candidates MUST be near NJ, MN or Ontario CA. There is NO relocation offered
The Director of Cisco Professional Services PMO position requires broad cross-functional knowledge and comprehensive business management skills with a positive and proactive approach to provide direction, leadership and mentorship to the PMO ensuring the successful delivery of the Professional Services portfolio. Key areas of focus include Portfolio Project Management, Customer experience, Strategic Planning and Continuous Process Improvement, Quality Assurance and Risk Management, Project forecasting and financials.
- Builds, documents, enhances, and maintains a structured, customer focused, deliverable driven, fact based project management methodology that includes industry best practices and tools that are efficient, effective, and scalable across the portfolio
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project managers and team members, influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Proactively manages the Project Portfolio to ensure the backlog is appropriately prioritized and resources are allocated
- Collaborates with leadership on overall planning and make recommendations on priorities and capacity
- Monitors performance metrics, measures, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure quality and operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Manages the project management team: Hiring, reviews, compensation and promotions, and manages performance issues
- Collaborates with the Sales and Engineering teams to ensure solutions are scoped and estimated accurately
- Communicates and trains project management standards and techniques to Project Managers with a broad range of experience
- Oversees the assessment of current project delivery tools, templates and processes to ensure consistent process across the company
- Effectively communicates and manages project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion.
- Proven leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure and maintain a can-do positive approach
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as conflict management, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to foster and build relationships at all levels inside and outside the organization
- 7 years’ experience leading PMO or consultant teams
- Ability to mentor staff and drive continuous improvement
- Experience with managing budgets and forecasting
- Strong written and presentations skills, with the ability to tailor information to the audience in a way that establishes rapport, influences others and gains understanding at all levels.
- PMO certification
Travel as required, generally does not exceed 30%.