Director, Digital Content & eCommerce
557 Broadway New York, NY 10012
Title: Director, Digital Content & eCommerce
Location: New York, NY
- This position will provide leadership, ownership, and drive results in the following key areas:
- Parent/Consumer Digital Strategy - In collaboration with the executives, and the rest of the Digital Services team, build out a digital strategy and execution plan for fully engaging the Parent audience as consumers of content and products that drive both revenue and income.
- Engagement Model with Book Fairs Business – Be the Digital Services/STS sponsor for the Book Fairs business unit and drive tight engagement between Fairs and Digital Services/STS. Identify and drive strategic opportunities to support, strengthen and grow workshops and company fairs.
- Build & Maintain Parent Digital Content – Create digital content and experiences that engage direct user' s in the company' s eco-system and drives them to commerce and product purchases. Drive an integrated content marketing approach by delivering content through company Web Channels, in various Social Media Channels, through intelligent use of Search Engines, and through other Digital Marketing Channels.
- Drive Parent Channel Traffic and Revenue to the Online Store – The company' s online store is primary direct to Customer' s eCommerce site. This position will be responsible for demand generation and conversion to revenue by engaging Parents in all the available Digital Channels.
- Build New Product(s) targeted at audience – Create new product bundle and concepts (eg. Subscriptions) targeted at the Consumer Channel. This position will be responsible for identifying products with a high degree of success, and driving the full life-cycle development of those products from concept to delivery.
- Drive Revenue – All of the above responsibilities should be combined with a sharp focus on maximizing the overall revenue opportunity with the Parent audience. Content, products, marketing channels, and business unit alignment strategies should all be focused around their ability to generate incremental growth opportunities.
- The successful candidate will possess extensive experience in producing digital content, driving eCommerce, and launching new consumer products.
- Key requirements, include: Experience with digital content and commerce in a consumer driven business.
- Bachelor’ s degree in business, marketing, technology, or engineering – advanced degree a plus. (a combination of technology and business degrees is ideal).
- A prior role that demonstrates the ability to use digital content, digital marketing, and social engagement to drive and grow commerce.
- Experience leading and managing small teams with big missions.
- High level influencer and partnering skills
- Track record of creating consumer digital experiences that drive commerce
- Current on leading edge technologies used in digital content development and eCommerce
- Experience in an agile product development model
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Change agent
- Ability to identify and implement metrics that are critical to measuring the effectiveness of a consumer digital strategy.
- Ability to hire, train, and grow top talent in digital content and commerce disciplines.
- This position will have direct management responsibility for a small team of editorial content producers and product owners/managers.
- Beyond direct line control, this position will lead an extended team of cross functional participants (engineers, BA’ s, program/project managers, scrum masters, etc.) to drive delivery of Parent Channel objectives.
- This position will require a high level of collaboration and partnership skills. This position will need to successfully partner with a variety of business unit leaders and cross functional stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will have high influence and partnering skills, in addition to a track record of bringing new concepts to market.
- The Director – will be a hands on working manager, with a high energy level and the ability communicate at all levels of the organization. She/he will develop strong peer relationships, which build on positive cross-organizational interactions, and establish the team as a key contributor to digital efforts.