Digital Marketing Analytics Manager
47 Francisco Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Title: Digital Marketing Analytics Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
JBC is looking for an analytically driven, and collaborative team member to develop and drive Data Driven Digital Marketing Analytics for a major retail brand in San Francisco!
This person will be responsible for the vision and strategy for digital analytics within the organization which will place both the Consumer and data at the core of marketing. You will build a collection of analytical products which will inform and influence decisions online as well as offline sales and impact traffic to our stores. You will build partnerships across different teams within the organization and vendor partners to drive analytics based business decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- This will have high interaction with the CRM team and be responsible for engaging with them on a very regular basis to develop reporting at a customer level.
- Influence marketing decisions within brands to be more data informed
- Be a champion for data based decisions, proactively socializing data to inform business decisions
- Provide forward looking insights to identify opportunities and risks to the business
- Development of key reporting and metrics for various analytics and marketing teams
- Synthesis of data to provide trend metrics to identify opportunities for the business
- Provide forward looking reporting to provide visibility for business planning and marketing plan development
- Address Ad Hoc analytics requests as needed
- Be responsible for analytics oversight and monitoring of all digital marketing programs for performance
- Be a strategic thought-partner to digital and brand marketing, providing insights and data analytics for best performance, identifying opportunities to optimize investments and programs to drive traffic and sales for our brands.
- Analyze and interpret data using marketing vendor interfaces and analytics tools to evaluate existing and potential online marketing programs
- Deliver reporting and recommendations to Ecom & Marketing leadership showing impact of programs, opportunities and potential areas of concern
- Be responsible for weekly site performance metrics as well as international, merchandising and planning and retail analytics
- Utilize traffic tracking applications to recognize user patterns and trends to help formulate effective marketing techniques
- Develop new reports and visuals trends on site and marketing metrics
- Develop and deliver on daily, monthly and quarterly performance reporting to provide marketing leadership clear visibility to marketing program performance.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Solid understanding of Core Metrics, Google Analytics, Omniture or similar digital analytics tool.
- Proficient with marketing tag structures and frameworks to adequately build tagging structure to understand program performance.
- Experience creating marketing reports utilizing strong analytical skills and knowledge of Retail KPIs
- Capable of summarizing large amounts of quantitative data to build key messages and influence partners
- Proven experience presenting data in an actionable and useful way to allow business owners to make informed decisions
- Comprehension of marketing campaign concepts (across multiple offline and online channels)
- Knowledge and experience with Multi-touch Attribution tools (MTA)
- Knowledge of 3rd party Adservers, Coremetrics, and Google Analytics
- Understanding of digital marketing channels (display, SEO, SEM, Social etc.)
- Experience with Python, R, or SQL a HUGE PLUS!
- Experience working with a variety of data sources, such as DMP, DSP, ad server data.
- 5+ years of experience in strategic analytics
- 2+ years of team leadership
- eCommerce & Retail experience preferred
- Marketing analytics experience required
- Experience working in a direct marketing environment, preferably with an online retailer a plus
- Experience in a consulting role or business advisory role a plus