Digital Design Manager
601 W 26th Street New York, New York 10001
Job Title: Digital Designer Manager
Company: Consumer Brands
Location: New York, NY
Length: 1- 2 year contract
May require travel up to 25%.
Digital Design Managers are critical to the success of our projects and help guide projects from evaluating user experiences, identifying opportunities for improvement and creating concepts through to detailing designs and documenting UI specifications that work flawlessly, all while challenging the team to think beyond what’ s expected.
Digital Design Managers work collaboratively to create complex interactive experiences for applications, software, and web interfaces. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
• Consistently deliver new and distinctive design solutions for people-centered applications, web sites, software, and other digital products or services.
• Demonstrate effective application of Design Thinking to team dynamics and specific areas of expertise.
• Develop ideas, design and assemble prototypes, provide direction to other designers, and work with colleagues and partners to implement designs into technology frameworks.
• Support studio project goals and/or capability tactics through successful delivery of well-crafted, distinctive, and quality design.
• Deliver projects, global project work streams, or departmental programs successfully, on-time and on-budget.
• Independently manage work load: plan and prioritize work, delegate where necessary.
• Translate direction and applies subject matter expertise to manage team and creates innovative processes and outcomes.
• Bring documented success through examples of quality design.
• Guide team and individuals effectively in new thinking and problem-solving.
• Influence the team by example, give clear feedback, track issues, and respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, and timelines with management guidance.
• Demonstrate strengths in developing people and teams in one’ s capabilities.
• Demonstrate talent for leadership and collaboration with external and internal teams, balancing requirements of objectives and assignments with the needs of the team.
• Demonstrate strong management skills in parallel with strong design, strategy and technical skills.
• Lead at group level of the Organization, and demonstrate subject matter leadership.
• Understand business and communication goals, and translate them into inspired solutions
• Demonstrate aspirational intent.
• Strengthen the team by promoting development of new skills while consistently improving own skill level.
• Develop objective to achieve team targets and individual goals.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Take advantage of internal and external expertise, converting insights into differentiating solutions to exceed objectives.
• Shape and develop group talent through project experience and collaboration.
• Manage and disseminate design goals and strategy, providing team leadership for projects and work teams.
• Participate in improving processes and procedures, drive decision-making at the team level, and estimate resource needs and schedules.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that designs are implemented as specified.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, project. management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers, as well as various internal and external partners.
• Proactively partner in problem-solving.
• Expertly apply appropriate design methods and processes for tasks and assignments.
• Exhibit enthusiasm and high skill level, depth of experience and initiative in core capability area.
• Proactively develop tactics for accomplishing project objectives.
• Exhibit broad and deep knowledge in design, strategy and business disciplines. Able to assess associated risks and opportunities.
• Seek, discover, experiment with, and introduce new processes, methods and tools.
• Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum ten years of experience designing digital communication systems, products, or services.
• An outstanding portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for designing digital experiences and for solving problems though digital experiences.
• A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design and expertise in developing experiences for them.
• Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrate sensitivity to diverse subject matter, extending beyond the digital world into real world experiences.
• Intimate knowledge of how to manage translating design and prototypes into to code.
• An excellent understanding of current design trends and the practical benefits and limitations of digital technologies.
• A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors, and to guide teams in translating them into actionable deliverables.
• Superb information design abilities and impeccable problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• A passion for learning and for creating products that resonate emotionally.
• Expertise in working collaboratively with all levels of strategists and technologists.
• Expertise in relevant design software packages and a willingness to explore new tools.