DevOps Platform Engineer
108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Title: DevOps Platform Engineer
Duration: Full-Time Employment
Reach out to email@example.com for further details
Offering a competitive base salary plus full benefits package including
* Generous healthcare coverage. * 401(K) with company match. * Paid Time Off * Paid parental leave * Tuition reimbursement * Annual wellness allowance
- The DevOps Platform Engineer position is responsible for the design, implementation and support of solutions based on the principles of operational resiliency, repeatability, and simplicity.
- The position requires a strong background in virtualization and cloud technologies, container-based environments, container orchestration, open source tools, infrastructure as software, and a solid understanding of common network and data layer technologies.
- You will work in the role of trusted advisor to partner teams, helping to deliver the best quality solutions to customers.
- You will provide non-functional requirements to complement existing and new features/solutions, as well as help build and support scalable and cost effective platform environments to run the application services.
- You will be asked to analyze existing and new solutions critically, finding and fixing flaws under a guideline of continuous improvement.
- You will also use monitoring and performance analysis tools to assure applications are operating optimally, and performing within acceptable thresholds, for our customers.
You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are building and eager to produce world-class services. You should enjoy a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization.
- 7 years experience with large scale deployments and production support of high capacity mission critical platforms and systems
- 5 years experience with cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- 3 years Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, RKT, etc)
- Proficiency in one or more of scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and common knowledge of Object Oriented coding skills to automate processes
- Expert proficiency with Linux systems based administration and troubleshooting
- Solid knowledge of orchestration and configuration management frameworks (Ansible, Terraform, etc.) and CI/CD principles.
- Thorough understanding of server and network protocols and technologies i.e. DNS, DHCP, VLAN, TCP/IP, NTP, etc.
- General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments
- Experience with monitoring and performance analytics tools (Datadog, NewRelic, Loggly, Stackdriver, Prometheus, etc…)
- Support of applications and services written in a variety of programming languages (scala, node.js, java, python, ruby, etc…)
- Ability to problem solve quickly and articulate clear viable tactical & strategic options as part of a cross-functional global team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
- Experience supporting modern datastore and database platforms and services (Cassandra, Postgresql, RDS, MongoDB, etc…)
- Experience with modern CI/CD frameworks (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, Circle CI)