108 W 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Title: Lead DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Software Platform
Salary: Commensurate on Experience
Our client is looking to hire DevOps Infrastructure Engineer who is passionate and interested in network infrastructure automation and scalability, who likes to take ownership of projects and who wants to be able to see the impact they will make in this organization.
This person’ s primary responsibility will be to research, design, build, and deploy solutions supporting the rollout and maintenance of a large scale Linux infrastructure, which is the platform for a large scale data analytics and collaboration environment.
- Research, recommend, and implement subject area application spaces (e.g. Infrastructure Monitoring, Icinga2 preferred, as well as cloud-based monitoring options)
- Operate, integrate and optimize incumbent systems (e.g. Puppet, Foreman, RackTables)
- Build system configurations for at-scale deployment and management
- Debug OS as well as software and hardware issues
- Experience with Puppet or similar configuration management infrastructure
- 7+ Years working on large scale (100’ s to 1000’ s of systems) production grade IT projects
- Linux/UNIX, shell scripting, Python scripting, software development and deployment, system architecture, technology integration
- Experience with Hadoop technologies: Impala, Zookeeper, Spark, Yarn, etc.