Dev Ops Senior Platform Engineer
675 Avenue Of The Americas Fl 6 New York, NY 10010
Title: Dev Ops Senior Platform Engineer
Company: Health, Wellness, Fitness
Location: New York, New York
Currently, the team is transitioning to and developing a deployment and operations based platform capable of delivering the following practices:
- Representing infrastructure as software
- Abstracting multi-cloud IaaS APIs into a common Ops Services API
- Declarative provisioning and deployment architectures
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
As a Senior Software Engineer, within the Platform Operations group, you will be responsible for…
- Helping design, build, and support multi-platform build environments and automations supporting both OS and container-based orchestration pipelines. Support and shared accountability for all production environments.
- Supporting Continuous Integration via our automated CD oriented deployment framework
- Helping design, build, and support continuous delivery in a multi-cloud environment
- Helping design, build, and support an Ops as a Service suite of apps and API’ s to provide a a consistent interface and common conventions for deploying and managing applications in a multi-cloud environment.
- Encompassing the philosophies and practices above, core objectives are to adhere to requirements dealing with: • Time to value • Speed of deployment (cycle time)
- Focus on the customer experience – performance and resiliency of our deployed apps
- Reduce challenges related to Development and Operations collaboration
- Management, configuration, and support of containerized environments
- Support of the deployment platform – analyze and fix bugs/defects discovered
- Help document and provide tier-2 and tier-3 level support to NOC team
- Help log and help manage JIRA task and support ticket queues
- Demonstrable experience configuring, building, and supporting apps and operations in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Proficient and demonstrable software development experience in at least one of the following languages: Python/Ruby, Go/NodeJS, and Bash.
- Experience building and deploying in a modern, container-based environment (Docker-based preferred; utilizing Kubernetes as the orchestration layer)
- Experience in the operational concerns of managing micro-services architectures (service registration, discovery, resiliency)
- A clear understanding of the practice driven around and the development of a DevOps based release platform
- Experience with Infrastructure as Software (IaS). Leveraging cloud APIs, configuration management, and other cloud provisioning tools and frameworks to deploy all aspects of an Infrastructure (VM' s, containers, cluster management tools, networking, load balancers, service discovery, and the apps that consume them).
- Experience in the process of transitioning to DevOps practices - includes an understanding of best practices, e.g. both cultural and tactical implementation strategies (e.g. GIT branch strategies) and integration strategies and analysis of related tools.
- Experience developing and supporting automation tools to support IAAS
- Well versed with and working knowledge of other associated software deployment tools - SCM (GIT), CI tools (Jenkins CI), Artifact repositories, Issue management tools (JIRA, Confluence, Crowd)
- Experience configuring, enabling, and supporting IAM services
- Strong working knowledge of the following scripting languages: Python, Bash
- Working knowledge of the following software tools: Maven, Gradle
- Experience in supporting Test Driven and Agile Development
- Strong team collaborative skills and background
- A self-driven individual who can take general directions and objectives and drive them towards successful project delivery.
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience