123 Address Street Los Angeles, CA 90064
Role: Database Engineer
Type: Full time, direct hire
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Compensation: DOE (Salary, Bonus, Equity, 401k match, Unlimited PTO)
JBCConnect has a client looking for a Database Engineer to join their West LA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As our client grows, their need for a Database Engineer grows with them. You will work closely with DevOps, SysAdmins and Development teams.
You’ ll Report To: Manager, DevOps
A typical day as a Database Engineer might include:
- Working with multiple business units on day-to-day operations.
- Installing, monitoring, maintaining, upgrading, and tuning databases supporting a network of web sites/business units.
- Performance optimization, rewriting queries, introducing indexes, tables partitioning and schema maintenance.
- Implementations of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels of project delivery and ensure availability of all features and functions.
You’ ll be successful if you have a strong understanding of the UNIX systems programming and administration philosophy. We’ re looking for a team player who is proactive, collaborative, adaptable, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
What You Have:
- 2+ years of experience as a DBA and/or Systems Administrator.
- Understanding of the UNIX systems programming and administration philosophy.
- Proficiency in the following database technologies: MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch and Redis.
- Experience designing and supporting development, testing. and production databases.
- Experience setting up replication, sharding and other high availability solutions.
- Working expertise with at least one scripting language: Python, Bash, and Perl.
- Strong Linux working knowledge (preferably RedHat/CentOS family)
- Proactive, collaborative, and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- Our client is casual and informal but they work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Ansible, Terraform or Puppet.
- AWS (RDS/EC2/Redshift).
- Docker containers, LXC, etc.
- Kubernetes (or any other orchestration frameworks).
- Percona Toolkit.
In 90 Days You Will Be Able To:
- Have deep knowledge of infrastructure in our client' s Data center and AWS.
- Apply performance optimization and profiling techniques in databases.
- Support development teams during the application development lifecycle