108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Data Integration Specialist / Administrator
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others at all organizational levels. They should be personable, have good problem-solving skills, and have a sense of urgency and follow-through.
The Data Integration Specialist will own the design and development of the data integration processes in support of our Customer MDM initiatives. They will also have the responsibility for managing and administering the IT tools supporting the IBM Information Server Platform, while ensuring high levels of data quality and privacy.
This role will be an IT role and will work closely with the IT MDM Specialist and the business Customer Insights team (master data stewards) to support the movement of data in and out of the MDM platform to / from various business systems. Other duties include:
• Responsible for the implementation ETL / ELT jobs form various business systems to MDM and other systems. This will include file, based, web service based, and database based processes.
• Work closely with other teams to provide expertise, especially with the MDM and Service Integration teams to determine the appropriate integration approach, mapping and quality of sourced data.
• Assist in maintain the MDM data model and documentation via data modeling and architecture tooling
• Own the technical administration of the applications (not the infrastructure)
• Support any data quality profiling required periodically by the business or when onboarding new data sources.
• Participate in the regular Data Governance Council meetings
• Understand and ensure adherence to all PII and Master Data Governance policies and procedures
• Understand, adhere to, and monitor all SLAs and accuracy ratios for creating and updating data
• Maintain consistency, uniformity, and accuracy of all data passing through the Data Integration Platform
Additional qualifications include:
• Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years hands on experience with Enterprise ETL Tools e.g. IBM' s Information Server (Data Stage, Quality Stage) Oracle Data integrator or Informatica PowerCenter
• Demonstrated expertise in database design and development including ETL / ELT processes
• Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts and modeling techniques
• Understanding of Data Warehousing principles and methodologies
• Experience with high volume ETL / ELT development, data integration and analytical projects are required
• Experience with large databases is required
• Strong SQL skills on the Oracle platform is required
• Experience with Data Modeling tools e.g. Rational Data Architect
• Work effectively in a fast paced, high volume, deadline driven environment
• Knowledge of IBM' s Change Data Capture product is a plus
• Knowledge of IBM’ s Integration Bus (Message Broker) product is a plus
• Experience with Oracle Data integrator product is a plus
• Experience working with ETL / ELT in a Big Data environment is a plus
• Experience working in Agile (Scrum) environments is a plus