731 Spring Street Suite 500 Los Angeles, CA 90018
Company: An Inc Magazine Top 25 Startup!
Role: Data Scientist
Type: Direct Hire / Full Time Employment
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Compensation: Great comp + equity + unlimited PTO + lots of perks!
JBC is looking for a Data Scientist for our clients direct-to-consumer division. This position will have the opportunity to drive marketing, customer experience and operational decisions by analyzing complex data sets, developing predictive models, and creating machine learning algorithms to help drive better business decisions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Responsible for end-to-end analytics projects including: querying, aggregation, deep analysis, visualization and models
- Communicate and present findings/actionable insights to audiences at varying levels of technical backgrounds
- Design, develop and apply statistics, modeling, optimization and machine learning techniques to create scalable solutions for predictive learning, forecasts, personalization, anomaly detection, content ranking, selection, and recommendations
- Develop dashboards and visualizations to deliver business insights
- Design, analyze, and run A/B and multivariate tests to drive KPI improvement
- Improve the quality and accessibility of our analytical capabilities and framework as well as data reporting infrastructure
- Assist in data requirements gathering and data validations to improve data platforms
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- At least 3 years experience in ecommerce and 3+ years experience total
- Very strong statistical and modeling skills with proficiency in SQL and at least one of the following: R, and/or Python.
- Experience building dashboards & visualizations- Tableau preferred
- You have the technical skills to turn big data into actionable insights that will help drive business decisions
- You can present complex analyses and insights effectively to stakeholders and non-technical audiences
- You have solid experience with both descriptive and inferential statistics – ability to build basic prototype models
- Experience with Shopify and/or Netsuite is a plus