Creative Team - Copy & Art
900 S. Pavillion Center Drive Las Vegas, NV 89144
Title: Creative Team - Copy and Art Director
Company: Well-known advertising agency
Location: Las Vegas OR Los Angeles
The Copywriter and Art Director are responsible for concepting and completing projects in the Creative Department.
- Creates ideas in all mediums and channels that are on strategy, insightful, relevant, inventive, refreshing, innovative, original, and effective.
- Works in tandem with any and all team members including other designers, planners, developers, social media specialists, account and media to ensure that every idea is as good as it can be.
- Leads the visual direction of any execution without being limited to the visual side - have a perspective on copy, language, tone, voice.
- Attends production and oversees all visual aspects for any medium.
- Conceptualizes/designs ads, brochures, booklets, fliers, TV commercials, billboards, etc., according to strategic plans provided by CD/AE, and by assignment from the CD.
- Strives to meet assigned deadlines. Alerts CD in a timely manner if deadlines cannot be met for any reason, or if an extension is required.
- Works with production personnel, providing complete input and any instruction and supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved design. Provides all required specifications (inks, papers, sizes, etc.) to print production.
- Reviews all production materials on assigned projects, and signs off prior to forwarding jobs for further required approvals/outside production.
- Art directs photography sessions, tapings, press-proofing, etc., and supervises freelancers assigned to AD’ s projects as required.
- Meets with account executives, creative director, production manager or media as required ensuring timely, accurate completion of assigned projects.
- Stay immersed in current industry trends and pop culture in general.
- Find ways to be creative outside of assigned work.
- Understands and abides by the agency’ s business practices and philosophies as well as understands company policies and procedures.
- Performs other work-related responsibilities which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
- Understand that an idea is just the beginning that can and should be improved upon at every opportunity until the deadline. In other words, understand the importance of craft.
- Understand the difference between being on-brand and on-strategy and the importance of both.
- Expert at presenting ideas in all group sizes, both internally and client facing.
- Assists team members as needed.
- Seek out opportunities to go beyond merely creating work to beginning to manage projects and relationships.
- Be able to work and think in complete ideas without the aid of a partner at times.
- Fluent in all relevant software, but not solely reliant on the software to express an idea or a concept.
Bachelor’ s degree in fine arts or related field, graduation from a school specializing in the creative process or equivalent experiences. Minimum three years in an agency environment preferred. Effective interpersonal skills.