20 West 22nd New York, NY 10010
Company: Online Media
Location: New York, New York
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
• Lead content and copy for the email product for the website. Email product should be the #1 tool for driving clickthrough traffic and repeat visits
• Determine the content of the email, to be deployed multiple times a week. Orchestrate what is most important to share with our readers.
• Must be able to innovate. Should be flexible and able to adjust copy, layout and content for different segments, tests, trending news, and specific goals around individual campaigns.
• Work with various stakeholders across the business to strategize and manage the email marketing calendar and bring together the most important parts of the brand, including editorial, social, and video content. Communicate deadlines and follow-up as needed.
• Find creative ways to bridge content and commerce.
• Create written content for emails, including: subject line testing, headlines, body copy, calls to action. Experience in email marketing best practices.
• Stay on top of what' s trending in the news and in popular culture. Develop a deep understanding of the brand and what resonates with our customers and fans. Make sure the content we' re serving up is relevant, engaging, and interesting.
• Highlight individual themes in emails and also have the ability to package a variety of content together around a common story or theme.
• Work with Marketing partners to develop strategy to build our subscriber base.
• Work on one-off copy requests as needed, including: sales materials, site features, SEO, performance assets, SMS, FB bots, and other communication channels.
• 5+ years of professional copywriting experience within an in-house creative team or ad agency.
• Experience with content/media-focused brands a major plus.
• Proven examples of writing in marketing and email campaigns and projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others with respect for their unique contributions.
• Solid project management skills with a bias towards action against goals, on-time delivery, and operational excellence.
• Experience with MailChimp (or similar ESP) a plus.
• Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment - balancing intense attention to detail with swift turnaround while working in a collaborative, positive manner.
• Incessant drive for continuous improvement.
• Creative and a self-starter. Consumer of pop culture and an active user of social media