Copywriter (SF - 8628286)
181 Fremont St. San Francisco, CA 94105
In this role on the Global Employment Brand team, you will create on-brand content that authentically communicates the Facebook voice and provide your writing expertise for on-going communications strategies.
We' re looking for a great writer who has experience working in digital, film, advertising campaigns, and other marketing initiatives. A creative problem solver who is passionate about making the technical feel human and authentic. Working alongside producers and designers, you will help create concepts and be the voice of Facebook' s employment brand.
The ideal candidate has collaborated with all types of creative partners to concept and create innovative, effective and on-brand writing across channels and platforms, produced copy that both inspires and educates, developed narrative concepts for sizable marketing campaigns that come to life both online and off. This candidate also has a track record of taking complex product stories and bringing them to life in clear, concise ways.
You' re perfect for this role if you are versatile, you’ re able to plan and write content for web and mobile interfaces, including interaction flows, compelling human stories, and team/role introductions, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our work. You love hands-on writing and editing for web and mobile experiences; understand design thinking and user experience and thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact.
If you have a track record of building compelling marketing content, excellent writing skills, and have creative ideas that you can resourcefully execute on in a fast-paced environment, this is the role for you. Optimism, problem solving, and the ability to successfully navigate ambiguity is a must.
This is a full-time, contract position based at our San Francisco office, and will report to the Global Brand Resource Team Lead.
- You' ll edit and craft copy for the Facebook Life blog (http://facebook.com/careers/facebooklife), our flagship Facebook Careers blog
- You' ll contribute to copy standards and ensure our digital writing maintains a human and approachable voice and tone
- You' ll write copy for campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor and help create scripts for film
- You' ll partner with a highly cross-functional team of marketers, creative partners, and recruiting contacts, all working together to bring our ideas to life. To be effective in this role, you’ ll need to understand and articulate Facebook’ s career opportunities, our people, and the work they do
- You' ll proactively find new opportunities to inspire candidates to engage with our employment brand
- Writing for film, mobile, web, social, internal communications, and more
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment
- Communicate complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways to technical and non-technical audiences
- Curate content and quotes from public sources that our team could repurpose on all employment brand channels
- General content review/editing – style, punctuation, tone, grammar, privacy on all external-facing brand materials, including partnering with our Global Community Manager on social media posts
- Review content used on event materials – job cards, splash event pages, posters. Create a library of content for recruiters to pull from
- Provide guidance on job descriptions
- Work directly with brand managers to plan for, write, and edit marketing content
- Be an advocate for a consistent voice across all of Facebook Recruiting
- Build awareness of the importance of quality writing and communication in Recruiting organization
- 5+ years experience in a copywriting, brand or business writing role for global brands
- Writing samples or portfolio link (applications submitted without writing samples or portfolio link will not be considered)
- Experience writing copy for ad campaigns and websites
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch
- Experience receiving feedback and coming up with solutions that retain the integrity of the ideas
- Experience self-initiating projects
- Experience balancing multiple projects at the same time
- Experience working in a data-driven environment
- Bachelor' s degree in Business, Design, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline