. Austin, TX N/A
Company Description: startup lifestyle apparel brand
Location: Austin, TX
Reporting to: CFO
Direct reports: Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant
- Manage the timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process including reconciling revenue, preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and review over reconciliations prepared by the Senior Accountant and Staff Accountant.
- Provide timely monthly analysis of selected financial data including fulfillment and marketing expenses and discuss findings with the business leaders to make real time changes to the business operations and maximize profits.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the CEO, CFO, and Executive team including key data for them to make informed decisions on a regular basis.
- Responsible for select vendor negotiations on behalf of the business with the goal of managing cash and maximizing profit.
- Own variance analyses to prior periods, plan, and forecast for the consolidated company and for each business unit including e-commerce, retail, and wholesale.
- Create and analyze individual income statements for each retail store within NetSuite.
- Develop accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP and implement new standards issued by the FASB as necessary.
- Responsible for risk mitigation through insurance policies including planning for and execution of annual policies with insurance brokers.
- Collaborate with department heads to create monthly budgets.
- Hold teams accountable to the overall profit goals for the business by discussing the budget to actual results and revise forward looking budgets as a result.
- Manage daily and weekly cash flows including supervision of vendor billings and accurate data entry.
- Approve all material inventory invoices, review the landed cost tracker, initiate payments to inventory vendors while considering cash flow implications, and supervise inventory cost accounting.
- Oversee expense reporting including revisiting the employee expense reimbursement policies.
- Supervise wholesale invoicing, collections, and credit analysis; monitor wholesale policies including credit and risk assessments.
- Supervise all tax reporting, compliance. and analysis for income, payroll, and sales.
- Manage the annual audit process including providing auditor requests.
- Compile and write (via rollforward) the annual financial statements.
- Own the day-to-day communication and deliverables with several key external partners, such as our auditors, insurance broker, and bankers.
- Prepare reporting requirements communicate with and pay royalty partners and charitable partners.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis for the CFO.
- Manage the Senior Accountant and Staff Accountant with a focus on feedback, coaching and developing their careers for long-term growth within the company.
- Completed Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Min. 7+ years of accounting experience with a combination of public accounting and private company operating preferred.
- Experience with at least one of the following: retail, direct-to-consumer brands, and/or inventory.
- Experience with managing and coaching and developing a team.
- CPA is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Netsuite.
- Strong communication skills including experience presenting to an Executive team.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Equity Stock Offering
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Parental Paid Leave
- Pre-Tax Spending Accounts
- Short-Term + Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Employee Discounts