Contract to Hire Mobile Product Designer
108 West 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Company: Well Known Entertainment Company
Job Posting Title: Mobile Product Designer
Duration: Contract to hire
Location: New York, New York
- Collaborate and iterate with product and engineering to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and user needs.
- Rapidly produce multiple solutions, from sketches, wireframes, and user flows to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, depending on the level of detail needed to present and communicate proposed solutions and interaction flows that will resonate with our target audience.
- Validate your design explorations with data be it qualitative, quantitative or both.
- Maintain and evolve a scalable design system.
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with the product goals.
- Provide specs, interactive prototypes, and design requirements to developers.
- Product design for the mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Improve data and live scoring experience built around core sports fan personas.
- Drive design opportunities around key editorial storytelling experiences and tentpole events
- Enhance the video viewing experience and integration throughout the app
- Maintain and develop our visual language/design system across the app.
You have -
- 2+ years of Product Design experience working on consumer-facing iOS and Android apps.
- A portfolio of case studies that demonstrate a thoughtful, user-centered approach to product design.
- Fluency in industry standard tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- You know the differences between the iOS and Android platforms, knowing when to use native patterns and when to create custom solutions to UI challenges.
- Strong beliefs, loosely held; with a willingness to defend your design decisions yet also have your opinion changed.
- The ability to give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography and usability.
- You have the ability to communicate design decisions clearly and effectively across all functions and levels.
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing with Product and Engineering to discover the solutions that exceed user expectations.
Bonus Points -
- Experience designing interfaces presenting large amounts of data.
- Experience in animating user interfaces either with design tools or code.
- Experience programming in Swift, Java, or Kotlin.