535 Mission St San Francisco, CA 94105
Title: Content Copy Writer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Employment type: Freelance, long-term contract
Our client, an educational software product, is looking for a Content Writer who wants to make a difference in the lives of parents and kids navigating life in the digital age.
We are looking for a consumer-oriented writer who can write engaging content to join the team. Your role is to craft and deliver conversion oriented, brand building marketing creative as well as amplify our digital platforms (web + app) with branding copy, consumer-oriented, SEO friendly blog posts and turnkey user onboarding guides.
Your responsibilities include delivering high impact and high quality marketing campaign content, generating ideas for new content types, conducting research on industry-related topics, proofreading articles before publication and updating copy guidelines to share across the team. If you’ re familiar with producing compelling, consumer-oriented, online content, have an eye for detail and a passion for creating products, campaigns and solutions that are changing technology for good - we’ d like to meet you.
Primary Jobs Tasks
- Write clear, compelling marketing copy to drive acquisition and engagement for our parent-facing products/services (Email, landing pages and social)
- Deliver brand building, conversion-oriented copy for multiple campaign channels such as email, social media, digital, posters, direct mail flyers, postcards, and video script copy.
- Research parenting in the digital age-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit all content before publication
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to bring content to life with graphic designs
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote our brand and content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Surface areas to update across platforms as needed
- 3 years of proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role in the consumer space
- Examples of marketing content, articles or other published work
- Familiarity with web publications and production processes
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines with high quality, brand building content
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field preferred