Consumer Risk Analytics
108 w 39 Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
Job Title: Consumer Risk Analytics
Company: Global Financial Institution
Location: Charlotte, NC
JBCconnect is looking for an experienced risk quantitative professional to join our clients Consumer Risk Analytics (CRA) team. CRA is responsible for developing complex models and performing analysis aimed at improving portfolio risk, profitability, performance forecasting and operational performance for consumer products.
- Design, estimation, and execution of consumer behavioral models.
- Lead efforts in development of new models, analytic processes or system approaches.
- Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects.
- Create documentation for all activities and may work with technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess strong quantitative/analytic skills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans. In addition to having strong quantitative skills, this candidate must also have strong communication skills as they will work closely with senior management and internal business units who use these models.
- Application of analytical tools to assess risks to enterprise under stress, to design optimal strategies around pricing and originations, and to create integrated frameworks to assess interest revenues, non-interest revenues and credit losses in a consistent fashion.
- Identify risks proactively and frame the range of potential outcomes for risks that are hard to model.
- Integrate seamlessly in a global organization of analytical associates dedicated to best in class modeling and analysis in support of world class risk management capabilities and culture.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of experience working in developing quantitative models
- Deep knowledge of banking products and services on consumer businesses like Credit Card/Auto/Mortgage business
- Model development experience in major financial institution
- Ability to advise management on use of proper quantitative methods
- Experiences with statistical/financial modeling techniques (Multi factor regression, Markov models, transition models, hazard models)
- Exceptional academic background in a quantitative discipline and strong working experience
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field, PhD strongly preferred
- Data Management Skills
- Proficiency in statistical languages like SAS or Matlab
- Process Development Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills; demonstrate initiative and be able to make quick decisions
- Willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and properly prioritize multiple project
- Experiences with Hadoop, Hive for analysis on large unstructured datasets is a plus
Salary: Based on Experience