108 w 39 New York, NY 10018
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Midtown, NY 10018
Type: Direct Full-time employment
-Visa sponsorship is not available
Seeking a Business Analyst to support business growth and provide state of the art systems & applications with a Fashion/Apparel client located in Midtown, NYC.
As a BA you will be responsible for business requirement gathering (BRD) as well as the analysis of business needs support existing retail and e-commerce applications, create IT concepts to implement new processes, solutions, applications or even systems.
• Analyze business processes in alignment with the respective business team (requirement gathering / business concept)
• Transfer business requirements into technical concepts (modeling)
• Participate in local and regional projects while working with local and international teams
• Review and adjust test scripts as well as perform tests on functional, application or module level
• Trouble shooting IT issues and support of business teams / users on a global scale
• Active participation in designing IT Processes & creating innovative concepts
• Training and support while implementing IT solutions
• Follow Project management standards regarding procedures, documentation & rules
• Multi-task-management, initiate, adjust, control report on parallel running activities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of team
• Present information and communicate complex ideas clearly
• Prioritize and manage workload and adjust to changing priorities
• Apply common sense understanding to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Willingness and ability to be “ hands on” with applications
Planning and priority setting
• Ability and willingness to travel internally in the USA
• 3 years business experience in a similar role preferred in Apparel/Fashion industry retail e-commerce.
• Experience in SAP Retail, SAP AFS (experience in SAP CAR would be a plus)
• Application support experience in resolving day-to-day application issues and working with end-users
• Basic knowledge about system communication like IDOC/ALE and monitoring tools
• Skilled in using applications to create/edit process flows, configuration, transports and decision trees
• Minimum Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college or university
• Fluency in any of these languages would be only a plus: German, Spanish, Portuguese or French.