Associate IT Director
108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Associate IT Director
Full Time Perm role in Secaucus NJ
The Associate IT Director responsibilities include hiring, managing and mentoring the IT staff, leading enterprise desktop projects, formulating policy, managing employees expectations, thoroughly addressing all complaints, developing service level agreements, and ensuring that service levels are met. He will manage all desktop and IT help desk projects, including managing the desktop replacement cycle, onboarding new employees, staff training and development.
Serve as the primary liaison to the System Engineering team and facilitate software imaging, deployment, and patch management.he will also work with IT leadership to develop and implement other projects as opportunities arise.
This position requires broad knowledge of IT, service desk, desktop engineering, and customer-oriented support operations with an in-depth understanding of service metrics, infrastructure and network technologies, and information security and policy. This individual must be driven to deliver outstanding support services, Excellent communication and problem solving skills required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the Help Desk team to maintain the highest level of performance and instill a customer service culture.
• Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring.
• Service Desk Administration
• Management of 1500+ Mac PC and mobile devices
• Process development for standardizing Onboarding and ITSM support
• SLA, KPI and operational metric management
• Deploy and support video conferencing across our global offices
• Act as lead and escalation point for IT support team
• Maintain inventory and imaging of Hired computers, phones, and hardware
• Manage account provisioning, onboarding and offboarding of new employees
• Create and enforce company policies for computer usage and information security
• Manage company backup systems and tools
• participate in the design and implementation of new corporate offices
• Budget Management
• Balance daily operational requirements with long-term strategic planning and communication
• On call after hours and weekend emergency support of 24/7 operations
• Five years experience managing a desktop support organization for a large community of users in a heterogeneous support environment
• Ten years of experience in Windows, Apple, and common mobile computing operating systems, desktop and mobile computing hardware platforms, common productivity software, and business peripherals
• Three years of experience with server technology (windows/Linux)
• Bachelor' s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
• Demonstrated proficiency with desktop engineering solutions in both Windows and Apple, including imaging, software deployment, patch management, inventory control, and device management
• Electronic Communications Policy, PCI Security standards
• Experience in field operations and desktop engineering in a complex environment with a diverse user population
• Knowledge and experience implementing and overseeing ITIL and IT Service
• Has excellent technical skills associated with identifying and resolving problems reported with desktop, laptop, and networked systems
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills
• Proven ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and nontechnical personnel
• Excellent ability to work at all levels across the organization; ability to gain cooperation of others
• Proven skill in managing technical staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills