20 West 22nd New York, NY 10010
Title: Assistant Video Editor
Company: Online Media
Location: New York, New York
Type: Full-Time (local candidates only please)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Description: Our client, a forward-thinking online media startup, is looking for an Assistant Video Editor to join their team. The Assistant Editor must be a team player, detail-oriented, and excited to learn about all things production and post-production. Passion for innovative digital video editing, production, and social media a must.
- Prepare and edit video content for multiple platforms
- Ingest footage, sync audio, mark takes and gather elements for each project
- Strong editing abilities with good comedic timing.
- Help maintain directories and drives used for editorial backups.
- Upload videos across our social media platforms
- Thumbnail creation
- Proficient on a Mac
- 1-3 years of Video Editing Experience, preferably in an agency or media setting
- Bachelor’ s degree in Film/TV, New Media, Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere (After Effects and Photoshop a plus).
- An excellent and always expanding knowledge of online video— both creation and distribution on multiple platforms.