909 3rd Ave New York, New York 10022
Title of Job: Analytics Consultant
Company Description: Global Consulting Firm
Location: New York, NY
In your role as an Applied Analytics Consultant, you will help client organizations tackle their complex business problems with an analytical, data-driven approach and progressive analytic techniques. You will gain exposure to diverse set of industries, clients, and project roles.
Business Management Consulting
- Conduct Client interviews to assess current stake of organizational and operational performance
- Help formulate hypotheses of potential issues and root-causes
- Conduct analytical or qualitative analysis to support or disprove hypotheses
- Project management and tracking tasks
- Build presentations and client-ready deliverable
- Develop project work and help client implementation
- Manipulate and analyze data from a wide variety of corporate databases, including various SQL databases, Access, Excel, plain or formatted text files, Oracle, and no-SQL databases.
- Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes
- Parse data out of poorly structured XML and invalid HTML documents
- Use regular expressions to extract information from un-structured text documents
- Deal with missing data through multiple-imputation or the use of advanced models
- Automate repetitive tasks with scripts
- Manipulate and aggregate data to extract key business insights
- Design and develop data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking and matching
- Tell a convincing story to C-level executives
- Present complicated technical findings to a non-technical audience
- Design and implement reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets.
- Apply tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, or Qlikview
- Bachelor' s degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, economics, computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
- Strongly motivated to be a player in a team which is constantly working to improve themselves through discovering new analytics techniques and software tools to improve the quality of our work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong time management.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment comprised of high achievers and high client expectations.
- Ability to work in a team environment and dynamically align to changing business conditions.
- Work will be based remotely, but must have the ability and willingness to travel 80%
Salary: Based on Experience