. New York, NY 10016
Job Title: Account Director, Media + Corporate Communications
Company Description: full-service multifaceted PR agency
Location: New York, NY
- Lead account teams and manage client projects from start to finish.
- Develop and execute comprehensive communications strategies.
- Conduct regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
- Create, edit, and proofread materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Plan and execute media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences; support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
- Partner with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of 4-6 clients.
- Develop an impactful and trusting relationship with clients.
- Manage media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
- Participate in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
- Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients – media meetings, key introductions, etc.
- Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us).
- Work with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
- Draft, edit, and proofread sponsorship decks and pitch materials, creative briefs, client materials, memos, agendas, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Min. 7+ years of experience working in PR, specific experience in media relations, technology, B2B communications, public relations, integrated media relations, strategic media planning.
- Previous experience managing a client team with direct oversight for a min. of 1+ year.
- Previous experience working with and managing teams in multiple locations.
- Previous experience in the ad tech world.
- Have an understanding of almost all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration).
- You' re a strong writer – persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
- You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
- You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
- You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
- You have great judgment and can make " the call" as needed.
- You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit… have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
- You are incredibly organized, detail-oriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’ re willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary – our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
- You enjoy over delivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Discretionary Bonus
- Commission % on New Business
- Health Insurance Benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan + % Match
- Life Insurance Option
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Mobile + Travel Reimbursements
- Comped Volunteer Days
- Excellent Corporate Culture