AVP Digital Marketing Group & Executive Creative Director
TBD New York, New York 10018
Title: AVP Digital Marketing Group & Executive Creative Director
Company: Global telecom and entertainment co
Location: New York, New York
Serves as the design master and visionary for the Digital Marketing Group, (“ DMG”). Will be the creative driving force for the design team. Will lead and inspire a team of over forty employees, contractors and external vendors and have responsibility for aligning the design vision across the entire company and key partner design agencies. Responsible for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI frameworks and assets on a range of products for the DMG’ s respective client orgs within AT&T. The creative director guides all projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the DMG. Follows through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision. The Creative Director will ensure that the creative team members are in a tight state of collaboration in order to generate project deliverables and meet tight deadlines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Concentration on Merchandising Design. Develops, motivates and manages an effective team of user experience (UX) and visual designers; Effectively manages and assigns priorities and workloads to staff; Creates world-class, UI’ s, visuals and layouts that support and reinforce our product vision, brand, and business objectives; Models business needs against high level road maps to make fact-based recommendations to management about staffing levels; Introduces, develops, and ensures best design practices and processes are in place; Advocates for customers and integrates user research in the design process; Illustrates a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills; Liaises with clients and is able to deliver inspiring, persuasive presentations and focused on integrating entertainment content.
Auditing the current state of the team to cure the current organizational challenges of the team and it’ s morale.
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees.
- Audit the current state of the team to current the current organizational challenges of the team and its morale.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and standards; resolves operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Develop organizational plan and structure to deliver needed capabilities.
- Improves quality of the team output by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; recommending changes to the various creative and production departments.
- Put data driven decision making at the forefront of every digital conversation.
- Hire and build a team to deliver execute against strategic objectives.
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Adding to team ability to do content automation.
- Advance the team’ s ability to execute best practices around a test & learn culture.
- Consult on opportunities to leverage personalization and content enhancements to create an optimized customer experience.
Minimum 15 years of design, including experience in graphic design, art direction, web-design, experience design. Candidates should have a strong understanding of industry trends and creative tools, such as the Adobe Creative Suite. Experience performing and managing a range of creative positions.
Minimum 10 years of management and leadership experience, including strong communication, presentation, problem-solving and project-management skills. Elevated soft skills to enable and inspire creativity and work well with different personality types.
Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Positioning, Organization, Coaching, Promoting Process Improvement, Proactive, Marketing Research, Client Relationships, Developing Creative Standards, Productivity
Competencies, Tools & Technology
- Knowledge of available capabilities based on current technology stack and prioritization of future state capabilities for next gen digital platform.
- Ability to review, evaluate, and recommend emerging technologies within the digital stack and applicable toolsets.
- Ability to drive digital transformation from a technology enablement perspective from 3rd party and custom software.
- Background in quantitative, qualitative and ethnographic research.
- Background in analyzing business intelligence and analytics.
- Background in understanding software platforms, algorithms, and agile development.
- Background in Strategy and Marketing
- Background in Adobe Stack, data, segmentation and Big Data.
- Background in strategy and innovation.
- Background in working with software development teams.
- Background in setting up team communication platforms,
- Background in setting up digital asset management platforms.
Will report to the Vice President of Digital Strategy who is a direct report to an Officer.
Demonstrated ability to lead persuasive presentations to senior management and clients.
Proven experience on leading UX/UI projects for both the web and mobile, including a rapid, iterative design and development processes.
Extensive experience with visual design and interaction design.
Digital portfolio showcases the ability to unite an outstanding user experience to a visually stunning user interface.
Knowledge of the creative tools most used by digital designers.
Track record of building-out a successful user experience design team.
Candidate should have an understanding of design for testing.
Proven knowledge of managing user research & usability tests in order to inform the design and superior planning. Knowledge and understanding of machine learning & AI tools used in conjunction with digital design.
Experience in designing native applications for iOS and Android.
Current practices for responsive design.
Relevent experience in a related field, Advanced degree preferred