AD of CRM and Retention Marketing
20 West 22nd New York, NY 10010
Title: Associate Director of CRM and Retention Marketing
Company: Fast-growing Media & Entertainment Co
Newly-created role that will lead company' s retention/lifecycle marketing efforts:
• Develop and execute CRM strategies and communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, triggered and content-focused campaigns to drive retention, content engagement, ecommerce revenue growth, and win-backs.
• Own the full CRM calendar, taking input from various team needs throughout the organization and balancing against customer preferences and needs.
• Work directly with the creative, merchandising, and editorial teams to coordinate creative needs for email.
• Manage day-to-day efforts across email, SMS, push, and other communication channels
• Responsible for email templates and call-to-actions utilized in email sends
• Develop a deep understanding of what resonates with our customers and fans, create and implement cross-channel, end-to-end customer journeys that bridge content and ecommerce.
• Optimize business rules that automate and drive content, triggers, audience segmentation, channel selection, creative messaging and communications cadence
• Own CRM KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns.
• Actively manage contact list size and health, target criteria selection, cohorts and segments to create relevant and engaging campaigns for customers.
• Constantly stay informed with best in class retention and advocacy practices.
• Quickly identify and troubleshoot any campaign performance issues, and drive successful resolutions. Approve, establish and enforce direct communication rules and restrictions.
• 5+ years with consumer CRM / retention marketing with specific experience in multi-channel direct messaging, post-campaign analysis, and mobile app retention
• Basic knowledge of HTML related to email.
• Experience with content/media-focused brands a major plus.
• Hands on experience with marketing automation platforms.
• Superior project management skills with a bias towards action against goals, on-time delivery, and operational excellence
• Experience with MailChimp (or similar ESP) a big plus
• Expertise in email marketing best practices and trigger-based lifecycle programs
• Proven track-record of devising and delivering successful CRM programs
• Strong analytical knowledge and experience with reporting, driving insights, and data-driven optimization
• Ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment - balancing intense attention to detail with swift turnaround while working in a collaborative, positive manner
• Incessant drive for continuous improvement
• Creative and a self-starter
Salary: commensurate with experience