2 Visual Editors
300 W 57th St New York, NY 10019
Company: Digital Media
Title: Freelance, Photo Editor
Location: New York, New York
Main Scope of work:
Seeking a skilled, photo editor that will research images and add them (and videos) to their site and social channels.
This position will report in to the Senior Photo Editor and will work closely with editors, designers, animators and video editors to provide imagery that furthers the story telling on website as well as brand standards.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain site visual standards and homepage
• Photo research
• Flagging editorial images of interest from our online wire accounts.
• Negotiating usage fees and licensing rights with photographers and photo agencies
• Purchasing images and maintaining the photo budget
• Maintain calendar of all edits and news-worthy events
• Creating compelling story telling photo slideshows
• Maintain internal database of photo assets
• Pitch visual stories and galleries
• Knowledge of pop culture, news and the latest trends in fashion, entertainment and lifestyle
• Social media– savvy
• Exceptional research skills
• Familiarity with stock agencies, paparazzi sites, photo archives, and entertainment media press sites.
• Knowledge of photo rights & clearances.
• Photoshop expertise: cropping, siloing, retouching, and creating compositions and collages, saving for web
• Able to handle multiple tasks at a time and comfortable with short deadlines
• Occasional overtime and weekends when necessary