Menlo Park, California
Post Date: 05/05/2017 Job ID: 82187 Job Category: UX Researcher
Title of Job: UX Researcher
Company Description: Giant technology company in Menlo Park.
Location:? Menlo Park, CA
Our clients mission is to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. We are on the hunt for a contract UX Researcher. This is a 6 month contract.
- Consumers can find businesses organically or through advertising, and once connected, can have meaningful interactions on our clients platform
- Ads, across all surfaces, are just as relevant and engaging as organic content
- Possible research topics could include understanding how businesses and consumers communicate with each other, testing ad formats with consumers to evaluate value and usability, identifying advertising goals of small businesses and the results they expect
- Understand advertiser pain points with Instagram' s ad creation tools.
- Types of work may include usability testing, surveys, field studies, diary studies, etc., both for the U.S market and strategic international markets.
- Researcher is expected to be present at our clients office to facilitate stakeholder engagement, with some flexibility (e.g. remote work a few days a week is acceptable). Some travel is expected.
- MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or a related field (e.g. Human-Centered Design) & 3+ years experience in applied product research; or BA/BS degree in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) & 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Previous experience conducting research on advertising at an advertising agency, in house at a company, or as a consultant a plus.
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods, from interviews to focus groups to usability to basic survey design + analysis
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Experience communicating with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers