Post Date: 05/24/2017 Job ID: 82738 Job Category: UX Researcher
Title: UX Researcher
JBCconnect is partnering with a well-known technology giant in the heart of Silicon Valley on a long term UX Researcher role. We are looking for a UX Researcher who will collaborate with our client’ s business partners to deliver world-class solutions powering one of the most innovative companies in the world. This team provides the technology to ensure that the company runs efficiently.
The UX Researcher will assess the usability of products. This person will uncover insights into who users are, what they currently experience, and what they truly need. This person will guide product teams in applying the most effective approach for achieving research goals and will help them work together to arrive at actionable user insights.
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Collaborating with product teams to define research goals and identify target users
- Developing a research approach and detailed study plan
- Creating research materials including screeners, guides, and scripts
- Communicating with participants to recruit and schedule participation
- Engaging with product teams throughout research, analysis, and synthesis
- Communicating findings and recommendations in compelling ways
- Helping product teams stay focused by advocating for users
- Contributing strategies, resources, and findings to the UX Research program
- Experience advocating for, implementing, and interpreting analytics a plus
- 5+ years conducting user experience research and user testing in industry or academia
- Proven track record of leading research and collaborating with other teams to discover insights, identify unmet needs, and craft better products?
- Experienced in qualitative and quantitative research methods— including discovery research, ethnographic field research, lab and remote usability testing, rapid iterative testing and evaluation, and participatory design
- Exceptional at empathic listening, perceiving users’ needs, delivering an unbiased view of users, and translating user insights into action items for product teams
- Knowledgeable about usability and principles of effective design
- Effective at written and verbal communication with various types of people
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Passion for understanding what drives user behavior
- Experience in enterprise applications a plus?
- The UX Research Lead will be well-versed in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, experienced in planning an conducting studies, and focused on delivering insights that directly inform product roadmaps.
- Creative and strategic in approaching research, passionate about helping people, and highly collaborative.