Sr. Digital Designer
Skillman, New Jersey
Post Date: 04/28/2017 Job ID: 81972 Job Category: Design
Title of Job: Sr. Digital Designer
Company: Major Consumer Product Brand
Start Date: TBA
Hourly Rate: TBA
- Planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and designing requirements.
- Responsible for concepting and delivering visual designs for innovative navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for software, application, web sites, and other interactive media.
- Leading digital media projects, understanding a project business and communication goals, and translating them into creative solutions.
- Active, hands-on work in ideation, providing art direction to other designers, and working with Interaction Designers and Developers to implement designs into technology frameworks.
- Translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level.
- Effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Guide the design process, drive decisions, give clear feedback, track issues, assist in estimating resource needs and schedules, respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, demands and timelines with supervision.
- Working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers, various brand and external partners.
- Bachelor’ s degree and at least four years experience designing visual communication systems for digital products and services.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for digital product development.
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design.
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter- from product interaction to software tools and applications to the web.
- Intimate knowledge of how comps translate to code.
- A strong understanding of current design trends and the practical benefits and limitations of digital technologies.
- A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- A passion for learning and creating products that resonate emotionally with people.
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of strategists and technologists.
- Expertise with relevant design software packages and a willingness to explore new tools.