Senior UI/UX Designer
Santa Monica, California
Post Date: 06/05/2017 Job ID: 83003 Job Category: UI/UX
Job Title: Senior UI/UX Designer
Company: Streaming Premium OTT Content Provider
Location: Santa Monica or Seattle
Our client, a major player in streaming original content is looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer to join our team. You will partner with designers, engineers, artists and marketing pros to imagine and create experiences that our viewers love to use and can’ t help but watch. The ideal candidate will have an intuitive understanding of living room technologies and platforms, immersive design principles, and emerging technology in the space. We are looking for someone who loves the natural rhythms of flexing their mind from broad strategic thinking into detail-oriented design. If you are someone who envisions yourself as part of a team that wears many hats, moves quickly, doesn’ t fear healthy critique, values brave ideas and cares about the details - and wants to make a huge impact in the space of premium entertainment, then this is a great role for you.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Partner with the team to set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Be a staunch advocate for the viewer and help the team to understand how they fit in amidst business needs and technology. It’ s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges and you’ ll help provide the thought leadership to inform the right product strategy.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to slow down and apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to speed up and make things lean and low-fi.
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced consumer product focused environment
- Experience designing for 10ft and immersive platforms, and familiarity with design and technology for the home living room, VR and augmented reality
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating directly with a myriad of cross-functional teammates to create beautiful, functional products
- Act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Capable of synthesizing industry awareness, technological constraints, analytic data, research, and user feedback into actionable design decisions
- Believe in effective design communication and can easily create wireframes, mockups and prototypes (and anything else in your bag of tricks!) to articulate design
- Highly collaborative, communicative and flexible, and believe that great consumer products come from a passionate and nimble team rather than from an individual