Senior UI Developer
Post Date: 05/31/2017 Job ID: 82883 Job Category: UI/UX
Title: Sr UI Developer
Company Description: Leading National Pharmaceutical Management Company
Location: Austin, TX
We are looking for a passionate Senior UI Developer who lives and breathes web development. The ideal candidate would be active in the web development community, participate in open source community and meetup events. They would have a strong understanding of the challenges facing modern web design and development. They would always strive to do right by the consumer, delivering the best user experience.
You’ re a Good Cultural Fit if…
• you are comfortable being self-directed and taking ownership of work.
• you are detail oriented, nothing gets by you.
• the sound of a ping pong table makes you code better.
• you find Nerf projectiles a viable solution to some minor disagreements.
• you’ re a passionate about front-end development, and doing what is right for the consumer.
• you like to level up your skills and knowledge, and are constantly learning.
• a collaborative team environment is where you thrive.
Get excited! Here is some of the current tech we are using:
• GitHub Enterprise
• Bachelor’ s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 5-8 years relevant experience or Master’ s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience;
• 6+ years of front-end web development experience
• A history of working on consumer facings websites or applications
• Familiar with the challenges of responsive design and development
• Experience building SPAs with vanilla JS or with libraries/frameworks like React or Angular
• Have written and maintained tests for front end code using frameworks like Chai or Enzyme
• Have worked in an Agile environment, and are familiar with SCRUM and/or Kanban
• Has experience with Task runners line Grunt or Gulp
• Has configured and used code splitting and bundlers like Webpack or Rollup
• Deep understanding of CSS, having built, modified, or maintained UI frameworks
• Expert understanding of Git, not afraid to cherry pick or squash commits
• Have participated in code review process, giving constructive feedback to peers
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
• Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems; Solutions are innovative, thorough, practical and consistent with organizational objectives; Strong customer service focus
• Ability to lead discussions with all levels of the organization and provide balanced information of an idea or communication of an issue regardless of written or verbal
• Familiarity with health care or PBM industry; Familiar with working in a vendor partner model
• Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines; Strong mentoring skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines; Adaptability and willingness to lean new tools and applications; Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions; Demonstrated team collaboration experience
Salary: Based on Experience