108 w 39 St. Louis, Missouri 63005
Job Title: Python Developer
Company: National Healthcare Insurance Company
Location: St Louis, MO
Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Write Python programs (wrappers) around two applications.
- Report generation using SQL queries embedded in Python programs.
- Maintain internal .NET application
- New development in a highly dynamic and changing environment.
- Will involve production support on a rotations. Once every 8 weeks for a week will be primary, the following week as a secondary.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Advanced knowledge of agile methodology.
- Strong Python programming experience. Will consider .NET skills, but primary duties will be in Python. .NET skills would be a plus as a secondary skill as well.
- Strong SQL. Inner and Outer Joins.
- Stored Procedures.
- Strong team and collaboration skills.
Salary: Based on Experience