Paid Social Director
8437 Warner Drive Los Angeles, California 90064
Title of Job: Paid Social Director
Company: JBCconnect is partnering with a thriving digital media agency.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Client is seeking a Paid Social Director. In this role candidate will be responsible for supervising the execution and strategy of all social platforms, assist in managing relationships with all vendors and provide clients with insights and reporting.
- Overseeing development of paid social media program strategies and analysis for clients, collaborating closely with other Media practices, Account, Creative, Social Strategy and Measurement teams to ensure that work is strategically aligned and on brief
- Expertly guiding and managing relationships between teams and clients to consistently deliver high-quality, inspiring work and grow our business
- Partner with Media Planning, Social Strategy, and Strategy & Analytics groups to understand the role of paid social within the larger paid media campaign, as well as the organic social strategy
- Flawlessly run paid media in social platforms using a variety of methods including Operam products and APIs. Responsible for QA’ ing campaign setup and trafficking.
- Stay up to date on new ad products and technology advancements, understanding how to translate them to deliver on business goals and how they work with your media plan.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the capabilities of API partners and be able to test and apply them to client/campaign objectives. Foster strong relationships with current platform partners to help influence product roadmaps based on specific client needs.
- Partner with Strategy & Analytics team to use real-time data, testing, and campaign learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns.
- Strategically consult and insight into Operam product improvement and development
- Leverage planning and forecasting tools within platforms to inform budgets, bid strategies, and target audiences
- Work flexible hours to adapt to the real-time nature of the social space. Be available “ on call” during non-business hours for posting and optimizing as needed.
- Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
- Superior collaboration and teamwork skills; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Effective at project management and ability to re-prioritize while operating within a fast-paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Expert proficiency in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Apple suite products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think on your feet, present to clients, and talk knowledgeably about the role of social media
- Understanding of fundamental media metrics and calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA)
- Positive attitude and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication of related field required
- 4+ years of experience in media planning/buying or ad operations
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working in self-service capacity within social platforms. Ideally, candidate will have experience working in both API partner UIs (ex. Brand Networks, 4C, Kinetic Social), as well as in Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and other social platforms.
- 1+ years of team management experience