San Ramon, California
Post Date: 06/05/2017 Job ID: 83022 Job Category: Project Manager
Job Title: Onboaring Consultant - Full Time
Company Description: Tech Company
JBCconnect has partnered with a client based in San Ramon that connects people with what they need to know, at the exact moment they need to know it – so they can act quickly. It’ s a simple concept that packs huge benefits. It can save the sanity of an IT team – or save lives of people affected by disaster.
Their communication forms run on our innovative, cloud based, communication platform connecting people with events, processes, information and people when it matters most.
Location: San Ramon, CA
Responsibilities: This experienced professional services individual is a member of our consulting organization and plays a lead role in onboarding our clients. They are responsible for client readiness and onboarding activities. The Onboarding Consultant role represents our Client’ s first and primary implementation experience with our client’ s – both from a product and company culture perspective. Building value-based relationships with Clients is a paramount responsibility of this role, helping drive Client satisfaction and ensuring renewals.
Engagement begins with the Sales team, helping articulate the Onboarding process and readiness tasks with Clients, and culminates following an order, leading Clients through teaching and configuration to achieve quick, first-value.
The Onboarding Consultant will become a product expert, adept at conveying our client’ s value proposition, teaching, knowledge transfer, implementation, and guiding Clients through best practices and process development, applicable to their specific situation. The Onboarding Consultant is also knowledgeable in all functions of Consulting and professional services, beyond onboarding, and can integrate with other systems and services using all our connection avenues and a variety of technologies.
Primary implementation tasks include gathering an understanding of Clients’ business requirements; product training; process definition; UI configuration; loading client data; providing subject matters expertise to clients; and leveraging our published and custom integrations. They strive to understand each client’ s business needs in order to make recommendations and apply best practices in the technical work delivered. Plans, manages, and delivers the client work on-time and within scope to ensure complete client success and satisfaction. Aims to improve by taking on initiatives to better the company.
- Works with Sales team to position the Onboarding process to prospects, and help ensure advance readiness
- Leads Client technical onboarding sessions, both 1: 1 and in a classroom-based setting, including:
- Gathers client’ s business needs
- Determines appropriate configurations for their needs
- Manages client expectations and scope for the work
- Performs hands on configuration and build out
- Guides clients with best practices
- Trains client on how to use the system for their use cases
- Primary instructor for onboarding classes with up to 20 attendees, conducted regularly on-site in San Ramon
- Develop, improve and refine onboarding class materials, including presentations, lab exercises, best practice guidance, and value-add resources for clients to take back to share within their organization
- Performs and supports Client-built integrations from external systems, leveraging our integration methods
- Performs and supports Client user data load and configuration
- Performs and supports other necessary Client-specific configurations for Onboarding
- Seeks out a win-win approach to problems and issues
- Maintains Subject Matter Expertise on the full suite of our products
- Identifies areas of improvement for and is proactive in the solutions
- Interfaces with other parts of the organization – Technical Support, Field Consulting, Client Success Managers, etc. as needed to achieve client success.
4+ years in Client Success, Professional Services/Consulting, technical training delivery or similar role
- 4+ years managing client relationships
- 4+ years Project Management
- Expert verbal & written communication for both technical and business content at all levels within an organization
- Proven expertise in developing and deploying technical solutions
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving & analysis skills (i.e. the ability to translate client requirements & objectives into a technical solution)
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of integrity and accountability
- Experience with SaaS/Cloud services strongly desired
- Experience with other development technologies is a plus
- Experience with ITIL/IT Service Management is a plus
- Bachelor’ s Degree