Menlo Park, California
Post Date: 07/17/2017 Job ID: 84115 Job Category: Marketing
Title of Job: Marketing Researcher
Company/Job Description: JBCconnect is partnering with the world’ s largest social media platform and technology company.
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Salary: Depending upon experience
Start Date: 07/13/2017, 1 year contract
- Inspire definition of innovative products through deep insights into consumers' desires, business and technology trends, and business strategy.
- Be able to transform primary (qualitative and quantitative) and secondary research, competitive and industry analyses into an informed point of view, and then use exemplary communications skills to inspire executives, marketing leads, product managers, designers, and engineering teams to action around insights.
- Think strategically about business problems, understanding new technologies and how people use them, and synthesizing large amounts of research into succinct and thoughtful business opportunities that are grounded in both solid market analysis and consumer research.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in industry as a marketing/market researcher
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet demands of internal clients, across a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent, visual, verbal, written communication skills.
- Experience presenting convincingly to senior executives.
- Ability to think through complex analyses and problems in a methodical and repeatable way.
- Client side and agency experience in new product/service development and launch is a plus.
- Experience across a broad range of primary research methodologies; from in-depth, in-home qualitative studies to quantitative surveys. Conjoint analysis experience a plus (not required)
- Demonstrable critical and systems thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with minimal direction.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, innovative methods to answer research questions.
- An interest in technology products and their impact on society.
- Familiarity with office applications (Excel*, PowerPoint*, Word*, Outlook*)
- Education: PhD, Masters degree or MBA is a plus but NOT must