Level 1 IT Support
New York, New York
Post Date: 06/13/2017 Job ID: 83268 Job Category: Technology
Title: Level 1 IT Support
Company: a luxury menswear retail company
Location: New York City
• Support U.S. offices for IT Incidents and Requests
- Manage by phone or email all IT incidents or requests for assistance in relation to current IT services or processes.
- Direct and escalate support calls to 2nd/3rd line level as needed/when required.
- Administer and maintain the IT Service Desk support call logging system.
• Oversee and maintain corporate backup and anti-virus solutions.
• Monitoring of internal server side event logs - changes and/or potential disruptions to normal service.
• Support of Point of Sale (POS) system(s).
• Managing corporate local and network printing infrastructure including ordering spares and consumables.
• Assist in 2nd line support incidents if require.
• Manage and resolve issues relating to the telephony system, printers and all hardware on-site.
• Requirement and availability to attend periodic stock counts
• Experience in a similar support role or service desk environment for a minimum of 2.5 years.
• Experience working with high-end/luxury companies/brands within retail
• Hands-on support for iPad and/or tablets
• Experience in Ethernet environments using Active Directory, TCP/IP and DNS
• Familiarity of LAN/WAN/VPN network infrastructure including testing (ping, tracert).
• The ability to produce accurate results while working under pressure and to tight timescales.
• Knowledge and experience of working in Microsoft Server/Desktop and Apple Mac environments, and cloud based programs.
• Comprehension and understanding of Microsoft SQL server 2005/2008/2012 relational database structures.
• Must possess good communication skills, be able to work as part of a tight knit team and be enthusiastic
• The ability to assist and work alongside all levels and other departments.
• MS Office knowledge essential
Salary: Based on experience