Lead Interaction Designer
New York, New York
Post Date: 04/28/2017 Job ID: 81968 Job Category: Interactive Designer
Title of Job: Lead Interaction Designer
Company: Consumer Product Brand
Start Date: May2017
Hourly Rate: Depends on experience
- Planning, prioritizing, coordinating, and conducting user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing to shape concepts and seeing them through to implementation.
- Act as an example for others to follow by creating high-quality deliverables that meet and exceed industry standards.
- Designing and specifying user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Producing user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications that show how our digital products enhance and fit within the context of an overall experience.
- Effectively communicating research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Guiding the design process, driving decisions, giving clear feedback, tracking issues, responding positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, demands and timelines with management guidance.
- Working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Participating as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers, various external partners under supervision.
- Bachelor’ s degree and at least 6-8 years of user interface design experience.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web and digital-based applications and consumer electronics including Agile and lean user-experience processes.
- A compelling portfolio of work demonstrating high-quality experience design within a variety of projects.
- A strong understanding of current design trends, processes, and theories
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
- A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Must be able to function as a team leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and strategists.
- Expertise with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, Sketch, FramerJS, and a willingness to explore new tools.