Graphic Designer Manager
New York, New York
Post Date: 05/11/2017 Job ID: 82364 Job Category: Graphic Design
Title of Job: Graphic Designer Manager
Company: Large Product Company
Location: New York
Start Date: May 2017 - December 2017
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with Experience
The Lead Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative execution of projects and initiatives. Primary Responsibilities include:
- Proposing project and program goals and tactics, assisting in defining objectives to achieve targets on a team or individual level, developing concepts and executing on multiple projects for global brands, and delivering project workstreams or departmental programs successfully with supervision.
- Advocate, drive, and execute environmentally sustainable and low-impact design solutions.
- Collaborate with other designers and design functions (e.g., Industrial design, Brand Identity, 2D Packaging, Digital, In-Store Merchandising), to develop, execute and co-create design concepts, campaigns, product launches, and more.
- Utilize knowledge of design and cultural trends to guide solutions, while further developing other design and business disciplines. Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines. Deliver innovation through improvements in processes and / or methodologies.
- You will manage and mentor more junior roles.
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Design or related field is required.
- 4-6 years of Design related experience is required.
- Demonstrate strong visual, written, and oral communication skills to execute project briefs.
- Understanding of design strategy methods and practices.
- Strong visual, written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of design and cultural trends to support transformational concepts and solutions.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and a basic understanding of environmentally responsible design is required.
- Up to 75% hands-on design work.