New York, New York
Post Date: 05/02/2017 Job ID: 82077 Job Category: Graphic Design
Title of Job: Graphic Designer
Company Description: A premier international law firm.
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Designs and implements a visual identity in a way that ensures the integrity, consistency and clarity of the firm' s branding and messaging across all of the firm' s touch points.
- Assists Senior Manager, Visual Corporate Identity & Creative Programs by working closely with branding, design and web personnel throughout the firm' s global network as well as with other in-house marketing staff and outside resources to ensure the highest quality of design is achieved.
- May work directly with design agencies to provide creative direction, design oversight and ensure visual identity standards are met.
- Designs web based and interactive applications in conjunction with programmers and web marketing resources.
- Designs environmental graphics and office signage systems as required.
- Ensures all files are press-ready and checked for quality prior to release to outside vendors; attends press checks to verify accuracy and quality standards are met.
- Assists in the daily operation of the design studio by organizing and archiving digital and printed assets, maintaining necessary supplies, contributing to the creative resource library and assisting in developing best practice procedures in daily operations.
- Serves as a design champion and seizing opportunities to educate design staff and marketing colleagues in the strategic potential of design as a tool for competitive advantage.
- Works closely with international colleagues to develop globally consistent materials for firm wide use.
- Observe confidentiality of all Firm and client matters
- Any other responsibilities or special projects as assigned by management.
- Graphic designer with 5 years of professional design experience with a combination of both agency and client-side experience preferred with a solid portfolio demonstrating integrated branding experience
- Hands-on experience working with a brand identity system including brochures, business development tools, interactive and online applications and environments.
- Strong project management skills, ability to work from concept to completion
- Solid visual foundation with understanding of design principles, grid structures, typography and clean aesthetics
- Client interaction experience
- Ability to design for both digital and print
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop designs for the digital space including but not limited to Web, iPad, Mobile, and Video is preferred.
- Organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, meet tight deadlines and thrive in a face paced environment.
- Familiarity with both Macintosh and Windows; expert in Mac required.
- Expert level experience with associated software especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint; practical knowledge of Word, Excel.
- HTML, CSS and DreamWeaver a plus.