Digital Designer Manager
New York, New York
Post Date: 04/28/2017 Job ID: 81967 Job Category: Design
Title of Job: Digital Designer, Manager
Company: Pharmaceutical Company/Consumer Product
Start Date: TBD
Hourly Rate: Depending in experience
- Consistently deliver new and distinctive design solutions for people-centered applications, web sites, software, and other digital products or services.
- Demonstrate effective application of Design Thinking to team dynamics and specific areas of expertise.
- Develop ideas, design and assemble prototypes, provide direction to other designers, and work with colleagues and partners to implement designs into technology frameworks.
- Support studio project goals and/or capability tactics through successful delivery of well-crafted, distinctive, and quality design.
- Deliver projects, global project work streams, or departmental programs successfully, on-time and on-budget.
- Independently manage work load: plan and prioritize work, delegate where necessary.
- Translate direction and applies subject matter expertise to manage team and creates innovative processes and outcomes.
- Bring documented success through examples of quality design.
- Support and validates the vision, goals, objectives, and strategy set forth through innovative, ingenious and high quality design.
- Manage budget/capacity on a project and/or work stream level.
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in new and/or emerging design applications and shares insights with team members and colleagues.
- Provide clear direction and communication for team deliverables.
- Guide team and individuals effectively in new thinking and problem-solving.
- Influence the team by example, give clear feedback, track issues, and respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, and timelines with management guidance.
- Demonstrate strengths in developing people and teams in one’ s capabilities.
- Demonstrate talent for leadership and collaboration with external and internal teams, balancing requirements of objectives and assignments with the needs of the team.
- Demonstrate strong management skills in parallel with strong design, strategy and technical skills.
- Lead at group level of the Organization, and demonstrate subject matter leadership.
- Understand business and communication goals, and translate them into inspired solutions
- Demonstrate aspirational intent.
- Strengthen the team by promoting development of new skills while consistently improving own skill level.
- Develop objective to achieve team targets and individual goals.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Take advantage of internal and external expertise, converting insights into differentiating solutions to exceed objectives.
- Shape and develop group talent through project experience and collaboration.
- Manage and disseminate design goals and strategy, providing team leadership for projects and work teams.
- Participate in improving processes and procedures, drive decision-making at the team level, and estimate resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that designs are implemented as specified.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, project. management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers, as well as various external partners.
- Proactively partner in problem-solving.
- Expertly apply appropriate design methods and processes for tasks and assignments.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and high skill level, depth of experience and initiative in core capability area.
- Proactively develop tactics for accomplishing project objectives.
- Exhibit broad and deep knowledge in design, strategy and business disciplines. Able to assess associated risks and opportunities.
- Seek, discover, experiment with, and introduce new processes, methods and tools.
- Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum ten years of experience designing digital communication systems, products, or services.
- An outstanding portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for designing digital experiences and for solving problems though digital experiences.
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design and expertise in developing experiences for them.
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrate sensitivity to diverse subject matter, extending beyond the digital world into real world experiences.
- Intimate knowledge of how to manage translating design and prototypes into to code.
- An excellent understanding of current design trends and the practical benefits and limitations of digital technologies.
- A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors, and to guide teams in translating them into actionable deliverables.
- Superb information design abilities and impeccable problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A passion for learning and for creating products that resonate emotionally.
- Expertise in working collaboratively with all levels of strategists and technologists.
- Expertise in relevant design software packages and a willingness to explore new tools.