Digital Design Lead
New York, New York
Post Date: 04/28/2017 Job ID: 81965 Job Category: UI/UX
Title of Job: Digital Design Lead (Digital Experience Design)
Company: Pharmaceutical Company/Consumer Products
Location: NY - May require travel
Start Date: TBA
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with Experience
- Consistently deliver new and distinctive design solutions for people-centered applications, web sites, software, and other digital products or services.
- Develop ideas, design and assemble prototypes, provide direction to other designers, and work with colleagues and partners to implement designs into technology frameworks.
- Support studio project goals and/or capability tactics through successful delivery of well-crafted, distinctive, and quality design.
- Deliver projects, global project work streams, or departmental programs successfully, on-time and on-budget.
- Independently manage work load: plan and prioritize work, delegate where necessary.
- Influence the team by example, give clear feedback, track issues, and respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, and timelines with management guidance.
- Lead junior team members in work and project tasks on multiple digital projects simultaneously.
- Understand business and communication goals, and translate them into inspired solutions
- Demonstrate aspirational intent.
- Strengthen the team by promoting development of new skills while consistently improving own skill level.
- Exhibit leadership potential by leading small teams with minimal supervision in a collaborative and cross- functional environment, as well as by supporting manager as a member of both external and internal teams.
- Develop objective to achieve team targets and individual goals.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Suggest improvements to processes and procedures, drive decision-making at the team level, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that designs are implemented as specified.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, project. management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers, as well as various company and external partners.
- Proactively partner in problem-solving.
- Skillfully utilize appropriate applicable design methods and processes for tasks and assignments.
- Exhibit enthusiasm and high skill level, depth of experience and initiative in core capability area.
- Expand comprehensive knowledge of multiple designs, strategies and sectors.
- Seek, discover, experiment, and introduce new processes, methods and tools.
- Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum seven years of experience designing digital communication systems, products, or services.
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates a passion for designing digital experiences.
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design.
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrate sensitivity to diverse subject matter; from product interaction to software tools and applications, to the web.
- Intimate knowledge of how design and prototypes translate to code.
- An excellent understanding of current design trends and the practical benefits and limitations of digital technologies.
- A combination of strong conceptual thinking and strategic skills with an ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors, and to translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A passion for learning and for creating products that resonate emotionally.
- Proficiency working collaboratively with all levels of strategists and technologists.
- Expertise in relevant design software packages and a willingness to explore new tools.