Data Analyst IV
St Louis, Missouri
Post Date: 05/17/2017 Job ID: 82526 Job Category: Other
Job Title: Data Analyst IV
Company Description: Leading Healthcare Technology Company
Location: Clayton, MO
- Responsible for analytic data needs of the business unit. Handle complex data projects and acts as a lead for other Data Analysts.
- Provide advanced analytical support for business operations in all or some of the following areas: claims, provider data, member data, clinical data, HEDIS, pharmacy, external reporting
- Extract, load, model, and reconcile large amounts of data across multiple system platforms and sources
- Review data to determine operational impacts and needed actions; elevate issues, trends, areas for improvement and opportunities to management.
- Develop reports and deliverables and make recommendations to management
- Model data using MS Excel, Access, SQL, and/or other data ware house analytical tools
- Assist management in driving business decisions based on data
- Ensure compliance with federal and state deliverable reporting requirements by performing data quality audits and analysis.
- Assist with training and mentoring other Data Analysts.
- Assist with determining work load and related activities for other Data Analysts
Analysts will work across various:
- Product Lines - Medicaid, Complex Care, Medicare, Specialty
- Medical Management Function
Analysts successful in this role have the ability to:
- Integrate business processes and data
- Apply data analytics concepts and scenario analysis
- Solve unmet business needs, Explain Trends and Generate Insights
- Bachelor’ s degree’ s related field or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of statistical analysis or 3+ years of related IT experience, including data warehouse, coding or ETL experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred. Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Reporting and Analysis tools, SQL, and Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.
- Experience managing projects or heavy involvement in project implementation. Encounters experience preferred
- Masters – public health, analytics, social sciences, business administration, data science etc.
- Healthcare industry education or experience
- Analytics mindset; Ability to work on open-ended, ambiguous, exploratory projects;
- Business Process Analysis; Statistical Analysis (propensity matching, trending, drivers identification and quantification, etc.);
- SQL Coding; R; SAS; ArcGIS
- Solid Verbal & Communication Skills; Ability to write commentary and generate insights
Salary: Based on Experience