San Francisco, California
Post Date: 05/03/2017 Job ID: 82084 Job Category: Copywriter
Title of Job: Copywriter
Company: Large Lifestyle Brand / Retailer
Start Date: 12 months
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with Experience
• Creates, proofreads, and self-edits copy that clearly communicates marketing messages and brand voice.
• Concept seasonal product stories for emails, collaborating with photo, design, marketing, and merchandising.
• Write, self-edit, and proof copy for all online content components, including site marketing copy, product copy, email messages, promotions, and other projects as needed.
• Be able to work as part of a team or independently.
• Work with producers, designers, marketing partners, merchants, cross-brand colleagues, and others to determine creative execution.
• Ensure that copy has stylistic sign-off and legal approvals before releasing.
• Collaborate with designers to ensure that copy communicates effectively within a layout.
• Meet deadlines and attend and participate in meetings as required.
• Works with other members of editorial, design, marketing, production, merchandising, and outside vendors as required.
• Primary duties include writing the brand' s factory email campaigns and site product copy.
• Excellent command of the English language and grammar.
• Ability to adapt writing to the brand' s voice.
• Strong and flexible writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Ability to interact productively during brainstorming and kick-off meetings, work independently, and communicate information among team members.
• Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Macintosh Word. Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Internet programs, issues, and protocols (preferred).
• B.A. in English, creative writing, journalism, or related field.
• 2 to 5 years of professional writing experience, preferably in an online or direct-communications environment. Fashion retail experience preferred.